This seminar explores the historic influence of patriarchy, the contributions of science and medicine to the understanding of gender, and the targeting of transgender people with policies and laws. Participants will analyze social organizing forces in gender and sexuality, repercussions of historical and contemporary action, to develop trans-affirming leadership competencies.
Registration Fee: $400
• Discuss the identity v. expression v. sexuality using contemporary examples
• Analyze recent cases of affirmation or discrimination and create lessons for future generations based upon understandings
• Explain some of the reasons for tension between the trans-community and other communities in the LGBTQ+ community
• Assess local, national, and global movements of trans-affirmation
• Design strategies for healthcare, law-enforcement, education entities, etc to further development of safety and public understanding
Gender Identity, Gender Expression, Sexuality
Frameworks of understanding
Frameworks for explaining gender and sexuality to diverse communities
Vastness of impact, unknowns, and across the lived experience, young to old
Trauma experienced as trans- person of color
Identifying and working with Trust agents and gatekeepers in Trans-allied communities to offer services
$400 for this module
The Certificate in LGBTQ Leadership was designed for mission-driven individuals. aspiring leaders. teachers. and community activists committed to allying with LGBTQ communities.
Seminar participants meet over the Internet using browser-based conferencing software.
5:00p-6:30p Pacific Time
Online modules are delivered through the Zoom conferencing system on the Internet. These meetings are live / synchronous. All participants are visible to each other and engage in the conversations through the system.